IceBreakr's Official A2 Islands Website
This website features islands (maps) for a military combat simulator Arma 2 and upcoming Arma 3. Project Lingor requires Operation Arrowhead Addon. You can get a good price by buying a combo named 'Combined Operations' at Amazon.com.
Special release: Alienz Mod v1.0!Well, we are all a bit tired of killing zombies, so here come the Alienz ;) some of you know these guys from old Isla Duala Full release, they were later removed from newer updates. They are now back with a stand-alone release, including BadBenson's outstanding work on new model. You probably know him from several other amazing things he did for armaverse community. Be sure to check out readme file for all the details, such as classnames ;)
- infantry alien units - Zetaborn faction under Independent side
- two alien tanks
- three alien spaceships
Lingor v1.5Guess what day it is? May 16. Exactly one year(pheew time flies!) after the last release of Lingor Island. It is about time I unveil the updated version 1.5, eh? ;)
- numerous changes, extra 200+ hours put in!
- redesigned NW part of the map, added riverlines and two new towns
- added new jungle island Bantanam on East (on request) - recommended for Unsung/VTE mod experience!
- roadworkers smoothed out main roads near Maruko
- forest changes, added detail
- factory height fix in Benio, etc.
Back from Vacation :)A3 alpha is out, but I won't be releasing any islands until we get at least a beta, I also don't allow any use of my user-made content for A3 that is not released by me. Good news for all A2 users - I'm back from a long rest, a bit of news what is scheduled for near future: Lingor 1.5, new Panthera, a Winthera (winter version), Alienz Mod and much more ;)
After two long years... Panthera 2.9!
I took some extra time to polish the details on v2.8 and fix couple of issues reported by betatesters. We have v2.9 official release now, yaay! :)
End is coming soon?!To all the people believing that, here's a way to donate your money as you won't be needin' it anymore after that date :)
Panthera 2.8 is coming soon!After couple of years it is time to update this map. Especially now that so many of you are playing Dayz mod on it ;) Major changes are: smoothened out terrain, lower hills, less crowded (able to put down bases), new forests with more diversity (logs, rocks), brand new Lesce airbase (heavily upgraded) and Town of Arnoldstein. A new island is now present near Panthera, just NW of Arnoldstein and offers nice open woodland area for training and combat. Release date? Not set yet... but in December for sure.
Isla Duala 1.97!It's been a long time since my last update to Isla Duala map (June 2011!). Since island is still one of the most played in Armaverse, I took two weeks to fix all (well, most at least) reported bugs. I hope you'll be happy with all the changes, especially increased town of Bolabongo, Molatia. Be aware that when using Panthera or Lingor, Duala 1.97 has an updated ibr_plants.pbo file with new objects, so delete the addon from other mod folders! Download 1.97 naaoow ;)
- Town Bolabongo upgraded, new Dendala District
- added final brg_africa v1.24
- fixed grid offset for artillery
- smoothed out road near Numbo and Ursana
- new clearing E of Mawimbela near river pass
- new factory and a farm near Kirabo
- further improvements to satmap
- upgraded the Pumado Armybase
- Canto armybase slight update
- aircraft now taxi correctly at Kinsella Intl. runway
- upgraded landing system lights at Kinsella Intl. & Aeroporto Molatia Intl. runways on W and E sides
- activated oil pumps
- presidental palace added to Bolabongo outskirts
- added three Molatian forts, used for defense of Bolabongo
- added new warehouses for Molatian army
- massive redesign of beaches
- added more detail and cover spots suck as rock formations
- several smaller bugfixes
- vehicle classes for Viggens and AS-350 Squirrels now use standard Air class
- unarmed AS350 Squirrel versions dont have a graphics glitch anymore
- 7x FFAR Launcher on AS350 has a proper display name
- replaced Leopard 1A5 crew from Rifleman to Crewman
- Leopard sound distance fixed, new realistic engine sounds
- removed zetaborn faction
- tweaked Mig-21 handling / control sensitivity
- replaced Mig-21 sounds with improved real recordings
- Mig-21's UB32Launcher now has correct 57mm rockets, half-load in each launcher
- removed old texture flags from Pinzgauers
- crew of T-55 changed to correct one
- new gunfire sound of Afrenian Steyr AUG
- new Molatian soldier: Trashtalker (AKM), he likes to trash talk to human players
Pssst... new projects ;)Two new projects are underway. First one is "Project Massacra" aka Isla Balkania, map based on area from RL Slovenia & Croatia with added fictious areas. It will be intended for large scale two-sided & three-sided warfare missions. Second one is a secret (well, not anymore since I posted it here) little project that will satisfy all those who want a US map ;) all I can tell now is that it is based in Alabama. We will do an "Alien Invasion" mission on it when it gets released. Keep checking official BI forums ;)
Taa-daa - Dingor 1.0 - Desert version of Lingor!
I've released Dingor v1.0 - an alternative desert version of Lingor Island! It still requires Lingor files and you can grab the 88MB 7zip pack from my Lingor Download page.
Class list for all Lingor unitsHere you can grab the always updated list of unit classes, used in missions. Hopefully that comes handy for all the mission makers.
Bugs fixed - here is Lingor Island v1.4!
In the lush green corner, weighting 413 megs, is Lingor Island 1.4! :) I would like to thank all that contributed to this version and helped me find numerous bugs that have been squashed! Be sure to check out credits in readme file or see the listed heroes on two posters near Maruko main airport terminal ;) Download it here.
Lingor Units v1.3 finally out!
In the lush green corner, weighting 359 megs, is Lingor Units! :) After numerous hours spend on this, I present you expansion for my island: Lingor Units v1.3! All this would not be possible without the help of many members of community, so be sure to check out credits in readme file. Download it here.
Lingor v1.337 goes LIVE!As I've promised, Lingor v1.337 is out on this day. So far without units (Lite version), but it weights 411 megs 7-zipped. You can grab it here. I'll be adding new mirrors soon, so please let me know if you're hosting! Thanks guys, its been a tough ride and I hope you'll enjoy playing it as I've been making it ;)
Reporting live from DressenHi, I'm Nathalie Vern from SBP News and I've been assigned to provide news & latest happenings here on Lingor.
I'm currently situated in town of Dressen, Southwest part of the country. I really like the scenery here, I've never heard of this southern part before I actually got here just a week ago. There is much less vegetation, a bit more open terrain with many hills. This peninsula has couple of villages and towns.
Here is a photo I took from a cessna when approaching Dressen airfield (below).
Biggest town is Dressen that lies in center. There is a bank, hotel, school, many inns and shops, factory and a very large fire station. Station is on alert for an entire peninsula and of course to react to any airport accidents. Oh yes, right beside town is is a long dirtstrip. Cessna-like planes take off and land all day long, so there's a lot of activity. I've also seen a big Hercules transporter land here yesterday, but pilot had to use the entire length to put the big bird in the sky. Intense moment, I might say
Many people ask "what are there so many runways" but many parts of Lingor are so remote that getting around with small planes is by far the quickest way. Local businessman Mike is operating a company Kiwi Rocket Ltd. and owns a a small fleet of M7 Maule airplanes. He says tourists and local businessmen are two key $$$ makers. He told me that his company even makes quick cargo drops/pickups to north Pista runway or San Arulco improvised strip, both places are just a few kilometers away! He says that people are glad to pay big bucks as roads are usually full of rebel checkpoints. I've seen at least four cars riddled with bullets when driving to Dressen from Maruko capital.
I took a cab to a Southeast coast to a beeeautiful Medlina seaside resort town just hours ago. Town lies below the largest mountain and offers so many to tourists staying here. I've met a Dutch couple yesterday that are here for the past 2 months and they said they absolutely love it. Especially local cuisine. Sure, cuisine.
Couple told me that tourists are afraid and like to keep away from the countryside. There are many powerful landlords living in this part of country and there is a word that major drug production is actually underway right in this sector. Numerous villas around here are usually fortified with high walls. Police is practically non-existent as armed village guards patrol the streets instead. So seeing a pickup truck with a large machinegun is something quite normal around here. I've also seen a lot of russian-made trucks travel around here in convoys and armed men stare at us from the back cargo spaces. I should not be guessing but the word on the street is that drug cartels are the ones running things around here. FEA government put out an arrest warrant on a wealthy local man Ramon Rabante. Ramon is believed to be in close ties with ARL rebel movement, not to mention that he is getting dirty rich by his "export" business to Panthera, Isla Duala, Balkania, Sahrani and other nearby islands.
After the last months full of conflict things cooled off a bit and ARL faction gained a huge influence in this sector and all the way up to Calapedro on North and Villon on east. ARL headquarters is still based in Calamar, but ARL is currently very active in newly built San Arulco, a cozy town that lies between Calapedro and Rosalia in Northwest Bay area. Government tried to stop the illegal constructions several times. Recent offensive by GAL last month didn't succeed as they were blocked by armed civilians. Government lost several Bell Huey helicopters and APCs in the process. ARL even managed to shoot down one government Mig-21, so GAL halted the offensive and blocked road at Checkpoint Oeste and river-pass on NW to San Fernando.
Things are heating up again and Lingor is facing a all-out war once again. Local newspaper "Maruko Nacional" reports that country president EL Presidente acquired new A-4N Skyhawk bombers, Leopard tanks, french Eurocopter assault choppers, new armored transporters and a fleet of fast patrol boats to dominate the waters around Lingor and all river systems. GAL is stronger than ever and it seems ARL could be in trouble. War analysts predict that ARL will move into heavily populated areas and defend from there. ARL might get help from drug cartels in form of finances and new weapons. Reason for that? FEA/GAL announced a drug crackdown and will probably attack druglord villas with armed choppers and block off seaways with patrol boats. It is not even excluded that GAL will assist FEA forces by providing heavy armor.
Reporting from Dressen Lingor - Nathalie Vern, SBP News.
[Lingor v1.337 Release Date: March 2012 ]
Added Panthera, Jade Groove info & filesI've added older projects to my website: Slovenian Panthera (aka remake of real-life NW Slovenia) and Jade Groove, post-apocalyptic map with nice feel of "Mad Max" movies. If you're not using these two projects, what are you waiting - enjoy, its free ;)
*blip* Still alive.Hi guys. Sorry for not keeping you up "in loop" on my website, but I've been busy with RL (business, newborn child etc.). Don't worry, community will get a new update (I've been working on it for past 2 months) of Lingor island and its units. Another good thing is that new Balkania island is getting closer to release (Q1/early Q2 2012).
Lingor Island v1.3
Woop, there it is :)
Lite version of Duala 1.95Need island without units? Grab it from here.
Release: Isla Duala 1.95!After a long wait I'm happy with the current done work and I present to you a new update 1.95. It is a Full Version (Island,Units,Required Mods). Here is a full changelog v1.95:
- removed dependency to CBA & MissileBox and added Myke's standalone ibr_missilebox for Viggen
- incorporated new African Foliage 1.24t2 by Berghoff (AI now doesn't have any advantage over human players)
- added two loading screens (intro, mission loader)
- added more border fence openings (for AI behaviour)
- fixed GPS grid accuracy
- added two small concrete parking spots for planes on scramble alert
- added new buildings to ibr_dtowns.pbo
- built a new town Numbo in central Afrene border region with several outposts and Army HQ
- added transport chopper: SA.342MT Gazelle (Molatian Airforce)
- added gunship choppers: Gazelle (CAS) 12,7mm+2xTOW and AS-350 Squirrel (CAS) 20mm+7xHydra
- fixed SU24 left engine glitch when starting mission in flying mode (tnx Wld427)
- fixed T-55 turn-out anims and made a new Molatian camo for it
- added Molatian Crewman, Molatian Commando and new Afrenian Rifleman (M16A2)
- fixed Molatian camo (more blending into Dualan desert, tnx Sahbazz)
- added more crossings over river, improved shores
- upgraded Molatian prison camp in central region
- added 4 soccer fields to biggest towns
- built a new school in Engor
- added bridges and new roadwork from mainland to NW and SW islands
- improved coastline
- improved zetaborn faction: new sounds, added spaceships & tanks
- Afrenian Viggens are stand-alone now (Tnx Myke!)
- Afrenian Viggens are compatible with vanilla Arma 2 now
- Zetaborn faction is compatible with vanilla Arma 2 now
- fixed Viggen gunpod, added new orange tracer ammo
- added armed Datsun jeeps to both sides in skins: army, black and police (only AFR side)
- fixed horizont on Squirrel chopper (tnx RKSL-Rock)
- fixed the missing Pinzgauer sound
- fixed the missing chopper voice name in radio protocol
- new V2 signatures for increased server security
- improved savannah ground texture (bump-map)
- added Molatian Army's Group: Infantry-SpecOps
- fixed soldier classes in Groups to default rifleman
- added a mod logo
Enough of sleep time :)Ok guys, I'm "preping" the release of Isla Duala and Lingor updates, I hope you'll like the new improvements.
I would also like to mention what means most to me in this community, letters like this - thank you K.!
I just ended my lurking days and registered, only to deliver a heartfelt 'thank you' to you. I discovered your Lingor Island a while back and spend hours in simply driving around (or in low flight), and I really love it, and I've never seen a island better suited for Warfare than Duala.
But it's Panthera that blew me away - I think no one's ever captured Central Europe that perfectly in an ArmA map. It's a beautiful piece of art. Kudos & thank you again,
Big Thanks, Community!I would like to express a BIGGG "Thank You" to all my supporters and also project contributors. I'm really glad so many people like my work and use islands regularly for their Arma2 gaming time. Also thanks for your votes in the nominations, with your help I've become a "Community Member of the Year 2010" and that really means a lot, since there are so many great guys working on so many awesome Arma2 addons and mods. It is a big confirmation that my work is not a futile effort. Thanks and... please stick around. It will be worth it ;)
Duala 1.91There is a new update 1.91, this time in Full (Island,Units,Required Mods) and Lite version (island only). I've fixed most of the reported bugs, so enjoy!
- fixed island config (tnx PvPscene)
- fixed transparency bug on Leopard 1A5
- separated third-party addons to their @folder (so you can pick what to install)
- added CBA's Extended Eventhandlers to @cba (needed by Viggen / Missile Box addon)
- Viggen: config bugfix (tnx Sickboy/Myke) & new gray skin for Attack version
- Su-24 Fencer: config bugfix (tnx Robalo_AS)
- Steyr Aug A1 crosshair fix (tnx The_Blink)
- Steyr Aug A1 config/model optimizations (tnx NZDF Crash & Robalo_AS)
- improved terrain grid for GPS or/and ACE DAGR (tnx Robalo_AS)
- increased armor and agression of zetaborn species, they also like to scare now
- improved technology, enabled night-seeing of zetaborn species
- Krak-B Launcher now locks air and ground targets
Hello Africa, we're back: Duala 1.9!
- new improved satellite image that brings Africa-feel to Arma
- improved Berghoff's African Foliage (latest v1.23 is included, I believe)
- added a factory to Bolabongo NE
- added a small village, sawmill, patrol base and new paved road in the central forest region near the river
- added a Refugee Camp in Central Afrene
- added a fishing village and Afrenian army outpost on W island
- added a small village Spookdorp on W island
- flattened Molatian Hill West of central border crossing and added couple of border passes (for AI)
- new detailed ground texture for hard surface
- fixed RPT errors for configs missing that BIS still didn't add for p3ds in their pbos
- performance optimizations
- added Leopard A15 tank for Afrenian Army
- added Su-24MK Fencer for Molatian Army
- added MiG-21MF Fishbed for Molatian Army
- added 3 more skins for AS350 Squirrel chopper (Tourism, Jungle, SpecOps and new Afrenian Camo)
- fixed AS350 chopper speed to RL (cruise & top are now realistic)
- Viggens and other airplanes/choppers use excellent Myke's MissileBox now
- Afrenian soldier faces fixed and they now speak English
- added Steyr Aug A1 as a new main assault rifle for Afrene
- addded T72, BMP2 and Ural Truck for Molatian Army
- fixed ammo for Molatian spotter
- added radios to the armed civilians and rebels
- added Afrenian & Molatian flags (ibr_dualaflags.pbo)
- added a special faction (Zetaborn)
- added pilots for Afrenian & Molatian side
- important note(!): this version uses new bisign key files, so make sure you don't have old files (*.bisign) or you won't be able to join signed dedicated servers! Also delete ibr_pulsor.pbo, its obsolete in v1.9! Tip: You can delete duplicate bisign keys even when game is running and try rejoining then.
Guess what... Lingor 1.1 is out :)
- added new Mariana Island just NE of Maruko
- fixed rain and water sounds to be much lower
- sounds are now local to Lingor only, not present on other islands
- clutter config is now compatible with other islands
- fixed final location of the riddle
- fixed the island height near Calamar (trees in the water bug)
- fixed the icon in the island selector menu (national flag)
- fixed bush position clipping through wall in Maruko
- fixed some plants near Tucos (tnx Lightspeed_aust)
- added GAL, ARL & Venator flags (tnx W0lle for flag texture help)
- removed tall grass from a building in Central South part
- changed army checkpoint map marker colors to black not to confuse players with objective markers
- optimized file sizes
- important note(!): this version uses new bisign key files, so make sure you don't have duplicates (*lingor10.bisign) or you won't be able to join signed dedicated servers! Tip: You can delete duplicate bisign keys even when game is running and try rejoining then.
WIP Report: Lingor v1.1 Beta test completeSBP Team completed a beta test of Lingor v1.1. We found couple of small bugs and they will be fixed for the public release of v1.1. The cool thing of this patch is that a new interesting island is added to the NorthEast of Lingor. Its called Mariana and I've used it to test new texturing skillz. It has a certain "Sahrani" feeling to it and we can't wait to do another coop squadnight on it :)
New year & Community Awards
First and foremost: Happy New Year 2011! I wish you all a great year, filled with happy moments, full with health and personal successes. New year also means that BIS is awarding the community for its contribution. I've recieved several nice mails stating that you voted me up here. Thank you, I enjoy seeing that you find use in my addons. Therefor I'll be updating Lingor to v1.1 to fix all bugs reported in the initial release! When? Soon.
Free DLC: Lingor Units!
With a help of friends and dedicated A2 community members I'm releasing a long awaited unit pack for Lingor: Lingor Units v1.0. As the main island addon this one Combined Ops (Arma 2 & OA) patched to v1.57 or higher.
Eggbeast's Evolution Lingor
Eggbeast released a popular mission Evolution Lingor for my latest island. It requires Combined Ops (Arma 2 & OA) patched to v1.56 (free PMC units included).
Check out the screenshots
I've added 39 screenshots of Lingor.
Community loves Lingor
I'm glad to announce that over than 5000 people already managed to download and test out Lingor island for the currently top military simulator for PCs - Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Units will be released shorty (along with a top notch Mig-21 fighter/attack plane donated by Wld427 and his Project RACS). Special thanks go to Brandon, Tristan, Erik, Charles, Gnome&Christi, Daniel and Marko. Thanks guys for your donations, really means a lot.
In the other news:
ION executives formally confirmed their intention to lodge an official complaint against the Lingor Regional Government, on grounds of alleged corruption and conspiracy. Chief Executive of Vrana Corp, Raymond St. Pierre, described the period of negotiation as 'underhand, at best; at worse, sick to the heart with corruption', and urged the Lingor Parliament to establish an independent investigation into the affair. ION was bidding for government contract, which - as part of the deal - would have provided aid to the region - rebuilding schools, hospitals and a sanctuary for injured sea turtles. At the end Venator PMC Company got the contract. Eric Perkin, CEO of Venator, has made only a short comment after the news of complaint: 'We are innocent until proven filthy.'.
Lingor v1.0 is OUT!
Buenos días! After long 5 months of development I present the first public release of Lingor. More info can be found here.
Important notice: an updated lingor_v10.7z file is available now. All of you who experience missing brg_*.p3d error notice, please re-download this file to fix the issue.
My Isla Duala mentioned by Marek in PC Gamer
I've been plesantly suprised when I've spotted this article. Marek 'Maruk' Spanel a.k.a. CEO of Bohemia Interactive Studio mentions my island - this really means a lot to me :) Can't wait to show him and of course, rest of you community, my latest (but also one of the last projects) jungle island of Lingor. Release planned: very soon ;)
Small updateDue to recent RL events I'll probably have to limit the work for the A2 Community. Don't get me wrong, I won't leave it or stop the projects, but I guess Lingor Island & Massacra are one of the last A2 projects. After that its time to enjoy and see what other people will come up with, not to even mention all the rumors about future DLCs :)
Lingor Island is in v0.99 beta state right now and opening ceremony for public will be hosted in form of MP event. Slovenian SBP Team and International UGAF Team will organize the event and I hope bunch of you A2 afficionados will show up :)
Domination West for CO v1 by callihnCallihn released a new mission, an updated port of Bushlurker's Domination version for my island. Try it out.
New island info addedI've added info on islands Lingor & Massacra.
Wassup folksHey guys, its been quiet around here lately. I've been on vacation, but work on Lingor continues and public beta is not far away. I've also added a zombie mission by SplatterFace to the Panthera mission, to keep you busy for a while (coop 12) ;)
Release: Isla Duala v1.81!
You can grab it here. See readme file for the changelog. Major changes:
- fixed floating shrubs caused by a new version of African Foliage 1.20
- fixed ibr_acivilians.pbo & signature file
- fixed version name in island selector menu
- updated LoBo/GIR's Pinzgauer (turning speed, windows, wheel damage)
- addded Afrenian & Molatian soldier wound textures
- added windows to AS350 chopper (tnx Maj Z. aka Mchide)
- new desert ghillie for Molatian spotter and sniper
- Molatia and Afrene repaved the main road from Bolabongo to Kinsella and other regional roads
- improved East coast vegetation & new smooth layer of asphalt road in sector Ursana-Canto
- Afrene built new buildings and new camp near the border river
- fixed map bugs reported by Enad & Rafalsky
- upgraded Berghoff African Foliage to latest 1.20
- various small tweaks & fixes
- a mutated suprise ;)
- special thanks to BIS for mentioning Duala in their Arrowhead game!
Isla Duala v1.7
I've released a new version of Duala with many enhancements. See readme file for the changelog.
Missions + new updates coming soonI've upgraded my Bachelors Party coop pack for Jade Groove and ACE2. Expect new island updates soon: Duala, Jade Groove and brand new jungle island of Lingor.
New coop mission for Jade GrooveReleased new challenging mission for island Jade Groove. Up to 20 players, respawn. ACE2 required.
Mission List Jade Groove
Jade Groove 1.0 + MFP Raiders v0.99Jade Groove v1.0
- various optimizations, new textures
- smoothed out roads
- new objects placed
- added mountain pass road on NE with new settlement on top
- added new sector South with settlement, compound and couple of farms
- added garbage/salvage camps
- added two "camping" places for base/camp placement
MFP Raiders v0.992
- added Freedom Fighters (Indep)
- added Kassfort Survivor civilian (Indep)
- added CSJ's gyrocopters to island units pack (along with MFP, Raiders & Plymouth Roadrunner car)!
- improved Raider Leader texture skin (leather belt)
- upgraded sounds for Roadrunner car (tnx to ANZACSAS Steve)
- included Gyrocopters (tnx to CSJ)
Jade Groove 0.95 + Units v0.96
- updated ground/satellite textures
- altered heights of mountains (not 100% done yet)
- terrain improvement (more altitude variations)
- added gas pumps, factory complex, two villages
- added old prison
- various bugfixes
- new Raider car (stolen MFP car, repainted)
- more slots for weapons/magazines/equipment
Apocalypse is here - Jade Groove island!Once upon a time, there was a land that was having a terrible time. Raging wars tore up the planet and only few survivors now fight for the resources in order to survive. Oil reserves dried up, food was in short supply, and things were generally looking pretty grim. After uprisings due to energy shortages which destabilized the country, gangs began to terrorize the remaining survivors all over Jade Groove. Its only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage that will survive. More...
Thanks for all of the donations!Thanks for several beer donations coming in during this week. As you know all projects listed here are freeware for players of ArmA 2. And I promise upcoming projects and updates won't suffer because of a sponsored sixpack or two ;) Kieran, Dave, Armin, Bill - thank you guys!
Yup, Jade Groove coming this week.I'll be releasing a beta version of the brand new island along with units and cars. Jade Groove island is a mix of Australian Outback and Arizona and a tribute to classic game Interstate '76 and Mad Max movies. You just have to wait a bit more. In the meanwhile you can try out MFP units + MFP Interceptor II car ;)
Panthera v2.61 out.
Download (mirrors, 147 MB)
- fixed and now working: ladders, doors and other active stuff
- lighting optimizations
- clutter optimization
Brand new Duala v1.6!I present to you a major update to Isla Duala, one of the most popular islands for simulation ArmA 2.
I would like to thank following people: Sahbazz for supplied Molatian Army and cammos, IceWindo for making & sharing new Civilians, Kju for config fixes and support, Ryogugu for T-55 model, Berghoff for model fixes of his African vegetation and SBP Team for all the testing done. And of course BIS for a great game, support and upcoming Arrowhead stand-alone addon ;)
Download (mirrors, 241 MB)
- UNITS: added African Civilians (compatible with Alice module)
- UNITS: added OPFOR armed rebels (they call themselves MOlatian Fan Organization - MOFOs)
- UNITS: added OPFOR angry protestors armed with stones and smoke bomb
- UNITS: in-game editor groups for rebels and civilians
- UNITS: both armies included in the pack now (Afrenian v1.0 + new Molatian v1.2)
- MAP: improved ground/terrain graphics and ground clutter
- MAP: clutter fix & compatibility with Panthera 2.6 or higher
- MAP: improved savannah vegetation
- MAP: updated Berghoff's brg_africa.pbo with latest vegetation model fixes
- MAP: added latest ibr_plants.pbo compatible with Panthera 2.6 (they share the same file)
- MAP: added St. Trisha resort and a new army base
- WEAPON: updated stones from harmless to deadly, they can kill or injure a target now
- VEHICLE: added T-55 main battle tank for Molatian Army
- ISSUE: if you jump out from T-55 Commander position you'll get damaged. Solution: switch to loader and then get out.
Finally: Panthera v2.6!
Download (mirrors, 147 MB)
- removed dependency to Isla Duala
- added new sector: Asabana Desert (South of Fishers Corner)
- 5 new desert towns (Zappada, Cato, Foxhill, Belley and Rockburn)
- added road Koritnica-Fishers Corner
- texture and clutter optimizations
- added civilian spawn markers for Silvie/Alice modules
- couple of new FOBs (bases)
- smoother roads
Panthera v2.5 is here!
Download (mirrors, 133 MB)
- major optimizations and increased framerates (trees)
- new improved satellite image and ground textures
- improved ground clutter (grass, ferns, mushrooms)
- redefined sounds and physics for all ground types
- towns and villages feature beaten path instead of grass
- fixed entrances of Boh. Bistrica Factory (zombie addon request)
- upgraded ibr_plants.pbo to latest Isla Duala version, cut down RPT errors
- upgraded Boryana Airport with new hangar, taxi path and ILS system
- couple of minor road and height fixes
PinzgauersWith the help of LoBo and GIR Team I've been able to give Afrenians a new vehicle for their police/army operations. I couldn't do it without great help of zGuba, Panda, NZDF Crash, wld427 & Randy. Thanks guys. I hope you will all enjoy the new vehicle released in Afrenian Army v1.0.
ProgressCurrently I'm making new version of Panthera (v2.4) with biggest update on brand new textures (satellite and ground).
Sahbazz and I are also preparing a new version for Molatian and Afrenian army so we can make a single pack with the Duala. Further plans are to include couple of vehicles, but we need to finish the talks with the addon owners first. Afrenian government is in talks to buy Pinzgauers for army and police. Their border will be probably patrolled by the Eurocopter's AS-350 Squirrel. You'll be notified when deals come through.
Added screenshotsI've added 12 screenshots of Duala and released Afrenian Army v0.9!
Download (mirrors, 167 MB)
- fixed: object on road @ 054/058, ID 60928
- fixed: object on road @ 056/031, ID 186056
- fixed: object on road @ 064/016, ID 149420
- fixed: object on road @ 089/015, ID 230893, 230832
- fixed: tree object on asphalt @ Kinsella crossroad at airport
- fixed: port @ Camara: rails for the crane not alligned to ground
- fixed: floating shacks in Kingala
- new bump-mapping textures for savannah and desert (made by Bad Benson)
- new water color
- new roof texture for entrable house on Vixena
Duala v1.3 is out!Changelog
Download (mirrors, 167 MB)
- finished construction of island Vixena on SW, featuring towns, fishing villages, farms, prison and a port. Since good stuff is reserved for VBS2 users I tried to get inspiration from its screenshots. Hopefully Vixena became something you will want to visit often. Just keep away from Ramon's property, Plantation on SW... even local army won't go there.
- brand new satellite image with improved textures, improved normals for ground textures
- added two new wall types with new textures
- Afrene invested a lot of money into an upgrade of Tasmera Jungle airport infrastructure
- Kinsella finally got its ferry port completed
- fixed bug with pbo & sign file, signed dedicated servers should work now
- other small bugfixes
Duala v1.2 is out!Ok guys here it is, new version of Duala - v1.2, bringing many fixes and upgrades.
Since Molatia found oil on nearby island Hazene (NW), they upgraded infrastructure there and even paved most of the roads. Hazene is a vulcanic island. It features oil derricks, three towns, two army bases, heliport, a presidental palace, a mayor villa, small resort, oil depot and two ports. Radical Islamic Fighters for independent Hazene burned down both churches last week and in heavy clashes with Molatian army a large group took shelter in small village of Upeesdi, while others fleed to the jungle. Molatian army surrounded Upeesdi and burned it to the ground with only couple of rebels surviving the attack.
ISLA DUALA FOR ARMA 2
First Release: December 30, 2009
Release Date: January 29, 2009
Changes in v1.2:
Future plans for v1.3:
- added oil-rich island of Hazena and small isle of Caspal (NW sector)
- added new house textures based on RL African infrastructure
- added grass cutter object to in-game editor
- added Embassy complex to Kinsella (SW part of town)
- added MikeBart's hemp plant
- moved posed guard towers to ibr_dtowns to ensure compatibility with Panthera 2.31
- fixed all bridge heights
- fixed water height
- improved sun lightning quality
- fixed small hut & guard hut heights on main Afrene checkpoint (by the bridge)
- fixed config error "Ruins" that appeared in Editor
- removed several street lamps to cut down electricity costs
- retrieved stolen papi light from the jungle (tnx Nazul)
- fixed tower height in Camp Noobia
- removed 9 tents with invisible wall (BIS warfare HQ object) and bugged fuel camo-tents
- removed pink coloured spots on ground near ruined bridge
Have fun :)
- finish construction of island Vixena on SW (jungle, village, port, drug-factory)
- finish retexturing of buildings based on feedback
- add flag objects to editor of both countries
- upgrade Aeroporto Tasmera for AI takeoff/landing
- fix bugs that get reported
Readme | Download
NoveltiesIsla Duala v1.1 is already in the works featuring all of the reported bugs removed, added new big island in Northwest of Molatia and completed other smaller ones around Duala. Island will also feature a new better satellite image and majority of houses were retextures to be more Africa-like.
I'll probably revisit Panthera and redo the satellite image to be of much higher quality. I'll also add ILS systems and upgrade the airports. And hopefully peaks will feature a bit of snow now ;)
I've also posted planning maps for Panthera and Duala for all mission makers. You can grab them under Download section of each island. Remember... have fun! :)
Isla Duala v1.0 is OUT!
- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)Download
- added SBP Camp Noobia training facility with: jogging course, obstacle course, driving school, shooting range (250-400m), bomb practice area, tactics range with house (to train flanking and overbounding), guard house on top of hill with great overview of the base and ambush alley (long road with fake settlement at the end). Hopefully A2 squad C/Os will find it useful
- added houses that spawn ALICE module civilians, modules should be working like on Chernarus now
- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently
- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes
- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules
- got rid of the missing black.pac file error
- improved Afrene Airport with added fence, new administration building and parking lot
- added street lamps in all major towns
- removed bargates from border, mission makers can make their own now
- added a dirt road on W isle leading to ruins
- runways and roads drawn to satellite map
- added intro (tnx W0lle!) to main menu when Isla Duala is active
- added couple of town road signs at major crossroads to help players that get lost
- river crossings without bridges now have high-tide warning signs
- all four airports feature ILS and AI can use them (hopefully, 2 of them are pretty small!)
- fix: AI with C130 can now take off from Afrenian airport without crashing
- fixed bunch rpt errors in ibr_dtowns and ibr_plants (can be used for Island Panthera too!)
- added more savannah vegetation to the dull north areas, cut down couple of trees from roads
note: Molatian and Afrenian Armies are released separately.
Isla Duala v1.0 coming soonOk, I'm getting close to the release of Isla Duala v1.0 and I'll soon have ready a new version of Panthera, too. Whats the big news? After more than 20 hours of config tweaking: Alice (Civilians & Civilian Vehicle) modules work on my custom island by simply placing module icon to the mission and I've been able to eliminate almost all of the RPT errors!
Isla Duala: Progress ReportGood news guys. I'm updating Duala but I won't be releasing versions until I reach v1.0. Following fixes were already done:
- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)
- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently
- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes
- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules
- desert houses that spawn ALICE module civilians now
- added street lamps to all major towns
Isla Duala: Open issues and bugreportingFirst of all my team and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2010! There's been a huge response to the beta release of Isla Duala. But it seems that most of the bugs reported are already in the supplied readme.txt. We post it again below:
Known issues in v0.99For all other bugs you find PLEASE POST them here.
- missing texture file ca\misc3\wf\data\black.pac - just click OK.
- sattelite and mask maps are not final (roads & airports not drawn on it), many places have grass where there should be none
- some places are still missing tree/bush vegetation
- rpt errors for bunch of objects missing config, will be fixed in next release
- south border road still missing
- road signs used for navigation (at crossings) are not done yet
- SBP Training Camp Noobia is not finished yet
- recheck config for proper ground sounds on different materials
- Molatian soldiers will be released separately
Molatian Army v1.0
Sahbazz finished up his army for Duala (North). Try it out (5.8 MB)!
Isla Duala - public beta v0.99 today!
"Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, there's some juicy colonists' daughters we have to rescue from their virginity!" - Aliens, 1986
El Diablo, IceBreakr and Tourist board of Afrene are inviting all of you to visit a paradise on Earth - Isla Duala. Tropical forests, sandy beaches, wild savannah, clear water and... nasty neighbouring Republic of Molatia threatening to overrun friendly Republic Afrene in Southern part of Duala.
Current peace can be very decieving. Marks of previous decade-long war can be seen even today and no-man zone still divides both countries with high fence running all along the border. Only few of the natives dare to travel across. With recent diamond and oil findings in Molatia their war machine is growing, too. European and US peacekeeping forces are currently present on Afrene in small numbers, but this might change very soon. Russia and China are in close business ties with Molatia and Afrene is mainly providing services for US and European tourists. War between Molatia and Afrene might be just around the corner...
p.s. Isla Duala is a completely fictional game project and does not have any connections to real life: persons, countries, towns, Czech pornstars etc.